Taught algebra-based, calculus-based, Honors College undergraduate classes and graduate-level class for the Master of Education in Science and Mathematics for Teachers (SMFT) Program
Taught undergraduate and SMFT graduate independent study/special topics classes.
- Fundamentals of Physics (SMFT)
- revised physical sciences curriculum for Master of Education in Science and Mathematics for Teachers
- developed new graduate-level courses for the Sciences and Mathematics for Teachers program
- developed original real-time, computer-assisted, PASCO labs
- online homework system
Awards Received by Undergraduates
- Undergraduate Research Scholarship, Department of Physics and Astronomy, College of Charleston (2010)
- Award of Merit, SSM poster session, College of Charleston (2010)
- Undergraduate Research Scholarship, Department of Physics and Astronomy, College of Charleston (2009)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science Award, Outstanding Male Undergraduate Scientists, South Carolina Academy of Science (2009)
- Awards for Outstanding Student Research, South Carolina Academy of Science (2009)
- Award of Merit, SSM poster session, College of Charleston (2008)
- Horace Byrne Explorers Club Award for Outstanding Frontier Science by an undergraduate student, South Carolina Academy of Science (2008)
Sponsored by South Carolina Space Grant Consortium
and College of Charleston.
- Experimental study of fluctuations and phase separation in soft condensed matter
- Experimental and theoretical study of critical phenomena and boiling
- Fluid dynamics near the critical point
- Dynamic light scattering experiments and theory
- Image processing
- Curriculum innovation and enhancement of teaching using technology
Original research published in peer-reviewed journals: Optics Communications (2013
), Physical Review E (2012
), Applied Optics (2010
), The European Physical Journal E- Soft Matter and Biological Physics (2008), etc.
- Distinguished Teaching Award (2013).
- Outstanding Adjunct Faculty Member Award, College of Charleston, Charleston, SC (2007).
- Bill Good Award for Outstanding Research Activity from the Physics Faculty of the University of New Orleans, New Orleans, LA (2003, 2006).
- Outstanding Teaching Award from the American Association of Physics Teachers (2003).
Research Mentor for Undergraduates and SMFT Graduate Students
Served as a faculty mentor for Honors College bachelor essays, senior research projects, capstone projects for SMFT graduate students.